[mythtv-users] Mythutil --scanvideos : how does it determine if an update of a particular record is needed?

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:40:45 UTC 2023

I notice in the mythutil code that there are 3 types of videos scanned that would be updated; ..  added, moved, or deleted.

I can understand deleted as having a record in videometadata(VMD), but no file to be processed and so would remove the VMD record.

For a moved record I imagine that the file is in a different location in the directory structure, and so would update VMD with the new directory.

Finally the addition of records..   Does mythutil scanvideos only consider a video as new if there is a new file not in the VMD table?

Or does it also consider it a new file if the video is in VMD , but is missing a lot of information?

If the video is only considered new if not in VMD, is there a way to only run a videometadata lookup for that particular video from a shell script to update VMD with information?

Regards!