[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR 2

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 10:45:39 UTC 2022

> On 23 Sep 2022, at 21:27, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 9/5/22 3:19 PM, Dave Pearson (Lists) wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> One of my original Hauppauge HD PVR devices has given up the ghost - it is no longer recognised by my system when it is connected to the USB port:
>> [55076.973501] usb 2-1.5: new full-speed USB device number 25 using ehci-pci
>> [55077.397515] usb 2-1.5: device not accepting address 25, error -32
>> [55077.397635] usb 2-1-port5: unable to enumerate USB device
>

> I've seen this occasionally with my barely-still-living HD-PVR.  And I've found that if I (in order):
>
> 1. Unplug the USB cable
> 2. Unplug the power cable
> 3. Plug in the power cable
> 4. Wait a second or two
> 5. Plug in the USB cable
> 6. If no USB device enumeration happens, goto step 1. and if possibly try a different compatible (5v w/ proper polarity, and sufficient amperage) power supply.
>
> I can get it to go back to being recognized.  And then I go back to ensuring that the MythTV box doesn't ever get turned off, or the HD-PVR get looked at funny.   :)
>

> -WD

Thanks Will,

I had to go away for a while, so I left it powered off and disconnected. When I got back I powered it back on and reconnected it and it’s worked ever since.

I’m still going to keep an eye out for an alternative device, though, as I can’t imagine it will last that much longer.

Regards,
Dave