[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR 2

Dave Pearson (Lists) lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 19:19:45 UTC 2022

Hi all,

One of my original Hauppauge HD PVR devices has given up the ghost - it is no longer recognised by my system when it is connected to the USB port:

[55076.973501] usb 2-1.5: new full-speed USB device number 25 using ehci-pci
[55077.397515] usb 2-1.5: device not accepting address 25, error -32
[55077.397635] usb 2-1-port5: unable to enumerate USB device

So i'm considering a replacement but, as these are getting very old now, I'm thinking about the USB HD PVR 2. I seem to recall reading that drivers are now available for these, has anyone used one and does it work as well as the older model? Are there any gotchas that I need to be aware of and, more importantly do they need any special configuration tasks?

Regards,

Dave.