[mythtv-users] Mythmusic fail

Bob Sully malibyte56 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 23:39:07 UTC 2022

Hi, all -
Long-time Myth user here - >15 years.   Things have worked pretty well thus
far, so haven't needed to post much.
I'm running 32-fixes, and just upgraded the OS from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04.
It went quite painlessly compared to the jump from 18.04 to 20.04.

However, the only app not working is Mythweb.  I also have noticed that
every time I fire up the frontend it asks me to upgrade my music database
schema.  I never use Mythmusic, as I have other utilities for playing my
music collection.  But I see through some posts back in January that I have
to fix Mythmusic to get Mythweb to work on 22.04.

There is nothing in the frontend about the music library or Mythmusic.
Mythtv-setup lists the correct directory for my music files, but there is
no reference to Mythmusic, or configuring it, at all.

It is installed but apparently not able to be used.

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
mythmusic is already the newest version
(2:32.0+fixes.202210281018.ba52c13223~ubuntu22.04.1).

Please advise as to how I can get this running...thanks in advance!