[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:53:15 UTC 2022

> Wiadomość napisana przez James <jam at tigger.ws> w dniu 28.10.2022, o godz. 15:32:
>

>> On 27 Oct 2022, at 9:57 pm, Piotr Oniszczuk <piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com <mailto:piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> FYI
>> If you want to have mythtv playing hw.decode accelerated of mpeg2/h264/hevc/vp8/vp9 videos (including 10-bit videos) on this SoC - you may try:
>> https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/releases <https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/releases>
>> setup guide: https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/wiki/Deploying-MiniMyth2#overview <https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/wiki/Deploying-MiniMyth2#overview>
>> happy watching
>
> I tried the 32 rockpi image, but it'd not even boot.
> Has anyone had luck?
> I'll find a md4. or sha yo make sure
> James

James,
May you pls fill ticket for this?
https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/issues <https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/issues>

ARM SoC single board computers is different world compared to PC as there is no standard BIOS/EFI allowing standardised boot procedure.

In ARM world - boot loader (IPL/SPL/TPL; initial program loader/second program loader/third laser) - all are board/SoC specific and needs to be properly/specifically flashed into SD card sectors.
It is quite frequently (unfortunately) - that every board type needs adjustments (and sometimes even board revisions are breaking some functionalities).

If you have energy to play with this SBC and minimyth2: pls fill ticket with much as possible details (adding board pictures will be very helpful)
I’ll try investigate why it is not booting.

btw: Last resort action (but very effective) is copy boot sector’s from working linux distro SD card to minimyth2 SD card - so i think we for sure can move forward with this….