[mythtv-users] User Jobs - transcoding?

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:22:45 UTC 2022

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 4:48 PM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2022, at 10:37 AM, Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Oct 26, 2022, at 9:37 AM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I'm running the latest v32 on Ubuntu 22.04 and experimenting with
> commercial flagging, editing, and  transcoding.
>
> My problem is with the User Job Transcode.  Using mythfrontend I navigate
> to the recording and instead of playing it I navigate to User Jobs and
> select Transcode video and then select default profile.  The job will queue
> but fail immediately.
>
> Not sure if I have to set up something first, but it's not working by
> default. Here's the transcode log.
>
> Oct 26 09:22:04 kubuntu-closet mythtranscode: mythtranscode[217202]: E
> CoreContext transcode.cpp:729 (TranscodeFile) No video information found!
> Oct 26 09:22:04 kubuntu-closet mythtranscode: mythtranscode[217202]: E
> CoreContext transcode.cpp:730 (TranscodeFile) Please ensure that recording
> profiles for the transcoder are set
> Oct 26 09:22:04 kubuntu-closet mythtranscode: mythtranscode[217202]: E
> CoreContext main.cpp:746 (main) Transcoding
> /data/mythtv/recordings/16218_20221004020000.ts failed
>

> Looks like this is the problem. You need some recording profiles. I did do
> this long ago, but don’t remember whether they are defined in the frontend
> or backend.
>

> Additional note: they are defined in mythtv-setup under "3. Recording
> Profiles”. They settings have changed since I messed with them long ago!

And if you want to transcode lossless using the cutlist, there is no setup
in the GUI to force this. You need to add an additional flag in the
database:
See https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/581#issuecomment-116649216
and
https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/624822
for further information
This only works for files of type  MPEG2VIDEO !