[mythtv-users] next step the player, any suggestions?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Oct 26 08:44:12 UTC 2022

On Tue, 25 Oct 2022 17:51:24 +0200, you wrote:

>hdhomerun_config <ip-address> save /tuner<id> - | ffmpeg -i - -map 0:a -f mp3 - | mpg123 -

I am not sure why you are using the MP3 codec here.  MP3 is a dreadful
codec - compressing with it drastically reduces the quality of the
audio.  Just converting the audio by decompressing it to WAV format
would be much better, and then you can just use aplay:

hdhomerun_config <ip-address> save /tuner<id> - | ffmpeg -i - -map 0:a
-f wav - | aplay