[mythtv-users] next step the player, any suggestions?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:51:24 UTC 2022

OK, I have it working, at least on my workstation. I still have to
emerge ffmpeg on the rPi.
First tuning:
  ip-address: You best use the ip-address as then you can reach the
              hdhr on a different subnet
  id:         The tuner number on your hdhr
  frequency:  The frequency of the multiplex
  channel-id: The id of the channel on the multiplex

hdhomerun_config <ip-address> set /tuner<id>/channel <frequency>
hdhomerun_config <ip-address> set /tuner<id>/program <channel-id>

And then hooking onto the stream:

hdhomerun_config <ip-address> save /tuner<id> - | ffmpeg -i - -map 0:a -f mp3 - | mpg123 -

I found out that using a hyphen in combination with pipes is almost
universal. Only aplay does not recognize it.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop