[mythtv-users] hdhomerun_config without hdhomerun_config_gui

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:47:35 UTC 2022

Hoi Mike,

> Greetings Hika,

> I just checked out https://github.com/Silicondust/libhdhomerun (literally git clone'd)
> There is not a single reference to gtk, glib, or X11, in these files.
> It only mentions requiring the pthread library.

> Hope this helps,

> Mike

Thanks! I was starting to think that same way. The software consists
of two packages libhdhomerun and hdhomerun_config_gui. However on the
website they only talk about compiling the second, where the first
will tag along. And indeed in libhdhomerun there is no mentioning of
GTK and the README is not empty!:

"This library implements the libhdhomerun protocol for use with Silicondust HDHomeRun TV tuners.

To compile simply "make" - this will compile both the library and the hdhomerun_config command line
utility suitable for sending commands or scripting control of a HDHomeRun.

The top level API is hdhomerun_device - see hdhomerun_device.h for documentation.

Additional libraries required:
- pthread (osx, linux, bsd)
- iphlpapi (windows)"

Thanks again for helping me think! But they should mention this on
their website.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven