[mythtv-users] gesture support in mythtv v32?

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 01:40:14 UTC 2022

On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 7:08 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/22 18:54, George Bingham wrote:
> > Maybe I need to have a bt keyboard to connect to my phone for
> > instances like this, but I don't. Probably need to get one though so
> > hope that will work... but in the meantime, is there some way to say
> > edit the config.xml file that I  assume it stores backend / database
> > connection info via ADB or something?
> >
> Yes - using adb (if onn is your android device's ip address or dns name):
>
> adb connect onn
> * daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
> * daemon started successfully
> connected to onn:5555
> $ adb shell
> sti6140d360:/ $ run-as org.mythtv.mythfrontend
> sti6140d360:/data/data/org.mythtv.mythfrontend $ cd files
> sti6140d360:/data/data/org.mythtv.mythfrontend/files $ ls -l
> total 72
> drwx------ 2 u0_a71 u0_a71 4096 2022-03-07 15:09 3rdParty
> drwx------ 2 u0_a71 u0_a71 4096 2022-03-07 15:26 HardwareProfile
> drwx------ 8 u0_a71 u0_a71 4096 2022-04-19 17:16 cache
> drwx------ 2 u0_a71 u0_a71 4096 2022-03-07 15:09 channels
> -rw------- 1 u0_a71 u0_a71  605 2022-03-14 11:05 config.xml
> drwx------ 2 u0_a71 u0_a71 4096 2022-03-07 15:09 fonts
> -rw------- 1 u0_a71 u0_a71 1421 2022-04-19 17:15 fonts.conf
> drwx------ 3 u0_a71 u0_a71 4096 2022-03-14 11:23 themes
> drwx------ 3 u0_a71 u0_a71 4096 2022-03-14 11:22 tmp
> sti6140d360:/data/data/org.mythtv.mythfrontend/files $ cat config.xml
> <Configuration>
>    <LocalHostName>onn</LocalHostName>
>    <Database>
>      <PingHost>0</PingHost>
>      <Host>192.168.0.115</Host>
>      <UserName>mythlmst</UserName>
>      <Password>mythtv</Password>
>      <DatabaseName>mythdblmst</DatabaseName>
>      <Port>3306</Port>
>    </Database>
>    <WakeOnLAN>
>      <Enabled>0</Enabled>
>      <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
>      <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
>      <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
>    </WakeOnLAN>
>    <UPnP>
>      <UDN>
> <MediaRenderer>d17fe24a-bd38-49e7-a568-df5e28b04aab</MediaRenderer>
>      </UDN>
>    </UPnP>
> </Configuration>
> sti6140d360:/data/data/org.mythtv.mythfrontend/files $
>
> Then select on the screen and copy the configuration data, paste it into
> a text editor.
>
> Make changes
>
> copy to clipboard again
>
> cat > config.xml
>
> Paste the updated data.
>
> Control-D
> exit
> exit
>
> It is a bit of a long way around, because the android version of linux
> does not have vi or any other editor, but it works for me.
>
> Peter

Peter,

Thank You!!

I was really stuck not being able to connect, but your instructions on
using the adb shell to supply it with the config.xml info  worked!

I have not yet determined for sure which "android-XXXXXXXXXXXX" my phone
is, but I was able to change some settings and enable remote control.
(although mythmote's connection is broken as soon as I hit a button) but
since I can use the interface I am not too concerned with that.

I will work on checking the gesture / touchscreen map settings.

But thanks for getting me over that stumbling block!!

George