[mythtv-users] leanfront on my phone (pixel 4a)

Andy Harvey Andy at harvs.net
Fri Oct 21 08:32:28 UTC 2022

On 21/10/2022 08:53, Andy Harvey wrote:

> On 21/10/2022 05:00, George Bingham wrote:
>>
>> That's not my issue...
>>
>> The full mythtv frontend did work as far as playing recordings (that
>> were made ota in the usa ) but when I upgraded to v32, I could no
>> longer control it via touch screen gestures / zones. I thought that
>> support had been removed for touch control so I uninstalled it. But
>> another user is able to use those features in v32 so I thought I'd
>> try again to get it to work.
>>
>> So, now I've  Re installed mythtv, but cannot connect to the backend
>> because I can't connect to the database without telling it the ip
>> address of my mythtv backend & or supply the proper mythtv password.
>>
>> I can't edit the field in the popups... that's where I'm stuck.
>>
>> How do you tell it to bring up the onscreen keyboard before being
>> able to launch the full app and bring up settings?
>>
> I think the initial connection to the backend was done by searching
> for backend on the initial screen and the IP address was filled in
> automatically.
>
> To get a keyboard I had to enable NetworkControlEnabled in the
> frontend settings for the new frontend. It automatically gets
> allocated a hostname of android-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> The I could use another android device with Mythmote to remotely
> control the first device. You can also connect directly to the control
> port (TCP 6456) from a PC.
>
> I've just tried this again on my phone and it worked.

I've just tried the latest version from https://dl.orangedox.com/pCBmBm
and I remember now why I stayed on the older version. When I click on
the screen during playback sometimes the click is not recognized.

In the adb logcat on failure I see:

tv_play_win.cpp:82:gestureEvent  TV Play Window other Click

on success I see:

tv_play_win.cpp:75:gestureEvent  TV Play Window L Click

Let me know if you want a copy of the older apk.

Andy