[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip and seek table in leanfront

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 13:00:51 UTC 2022

On 10/18/22 09:00, John Pilkington wrote:
> I'll continue on this branch of the thread:  As I said above, simple
> playback obeyed the cutlist reasonably well, but when I tried skipping
> around leanfront played the content as recorded without further
> reference to the cutlist.
>
> I usually do the equivalent of the 'lossless mythtranscode', actually
> removing the unwanted bits, rebuilding the seektable, clearing
> bookmark and cutlist etc, so I don't use plain skips much with a
> cutlist active in the normal frontend - but if a skip landed in a
> cutzone I think playback would jump to the zone end. And I suspect
> that that will probably need either the seektable or the use of mkv...
>
> John P

I have disabled leanfront use of the MythTV seek table since it was not
working correctly. Leanfront skips work reasonably well without a seek
table.

In leanfront you have to enable the Commercial skip setting to use
either cut list or commercial skip, unlike mythfrontend where cut list
is always enabled.

Peter