[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip and seek table in leanfront

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:00:43 UTC 2022

On 17/10/2022 14:16, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 10/16/22 19:40, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>>
>> I'm running 379. When I advance by pressing right on the remote dial
>> it works until I get about 2/3 through the recording. At that point I
>> get stuck with a continuous graphic swirl on the screen. There is
>> plenty of program left for more advances.
>>
>> I also have a question. The readme says "Bookmarks must be set
>> explicitly using the bookmark OSD option of playback menu". I don't
>> see such an option. I only get the one bookmark by quitting. There
>> must be a way to get multiple bookmarks,  otherwise what sense does
>> skip next, skip prev make?
>>

> I have disabled the seek table in the new version, this was causing
> problems with skipping.
>
> The bookmarks and last played position requires that you have V32 or
> later (build since April 2022) and that you use port 6744.
>
> Skip next, skip prev will skip to the next episode or prev episode of a
> series, if you have more than 1 episode recorded.
>
> Only 1 bookmark can be set in a recording. That is the way it is built
> in MythTV. It allows setting a bookmark apart from the last play position.
>
> HTH
>
> Peter

Resending to list:

It's looking better for me now at v381.  I edited (in Fedora) to play 2
short segments of an mpeg2 recording;  playback gave around a second at
the start of recording, played the sections, skipped to the end of the
recording, and left the display showing the end of the 2nd segment.
Curly backarrow to quit.  Maybe the jump points weren't exact - need
longer viewing history to judge that - but it's getting there!

Thanks again

John P