[mythtv-users] leanfront

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 16:41:14 UTC 2022

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022, 09:15 James <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

I've a samsung smart TV, it's probably android but they hide it.

Samsung Tizen is Linux based, but not android. It's fairly limited in what
it can do and honestly I don't like it.

So I thought to make a 'lean FE' that can be plugged in a usb port, to let
> her access my BE.

HDMI stick that is its own operating system and computer running Android
would be doable, USB not so much. USB is file storage, and you aren't going
to be able to execute files from it on Tizen, without some major hack I've
not seen yet. It's not as simple as just enabling side loading.

Samsung makes great LCD panels, but the rest of the 'smart' package is
pretty dumb.

Mike