[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip and seek table in leanfront

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 14:23:41 UTC 2022

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 9:55 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/16/22 09:26, James Abernathy wrote:
>
> I'm testing version 379 against the pre33 Master backend. On an unedited
>> recording with just the commercial flagging run, it will skip the
>> pre-marked commercials.
>>
>> JIm A
>>

> However, it doesn't work with a v32 backend.
>
> jim A
>

> I tested it on V31 and V33 and it works on both. It did not occur to me
> that it would not work on V32. I will test that and see what is happening.
>
> Peter

It's hard for me to really say what is happening.  If I don't manually edit
the commercials, then I have 90% of the commercials still present.  So it's
hard to know what is working. The automatic scanning usually doesn't detect
the first part of a string of commercials.   For example on CBS, on a 4
minute commercial break, it missed the first 3 minutes and then skipped.  I
was hoping that I could manually edit with mythfrontend on a PC and then
test the commercial skip with leanfront.

Until the automatic commercial flagging works, I'll just do what I've
always done, just click forward and backwards a few times. I find that it
the flagging doesn't stop in time it's almost impossible to manually skip
backwards to the start of a segment of the program because the autoskip
won't let you.

Jim A