[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip and seek table in leanfront

glen glenb at glenb.net
Sat Oct 15 02:28:03 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-10-14 at 22:22 -0400, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2022, 10:19 PM glen <glenb at glenb.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2022-10-14 at 21:12 -0500, George Bingham wrote:

> > > I tried unchecking the 'use the seektable' in the special
> > > leanfront app. When I watch a show, it will skip the commercials,
> > > but I think it's using the skiplist that mythcommflag generated,
> > > and not the edited one I had manually edited.
> > >
> > > I generally edit the commercial skip before I watch a show, since
> > > mythcommflag rarely gets it right.
> > >
> > > Does unchecking the leanfront's seektable in advanced settings
> > > make it revert to the original commskip list?
> > >
> > > But it does work for viewing on my chromecast (aside from the
> > > fact it doesn't see my edits on commercial skip).
> > >
> > > However on my phone, it crashes as soon as I try to go into
> > > settings.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your work on this, it would make leanfront my
> > > preferred frontend on android if you can get it to work - and
> > > it'd be worth updating to v32 if that's all it takes to get it to
> > > work with the edited commercial skip list.
> > >
> > > George
> >

> > replying to my prior. i believe peter's beta is pulling the
> > skiplist, but perhaps he can add an option in settings to instead
> > use the cutlist. that could be useful for people who go back and
> > adjust the cuts in the editor
>
> That might be why I didn't see it work in V32. I  edited the loaded
> commflags and saved them. I'll try tomorrow with v32 on unedited
> recording.
>
> Jim A

jim, editing the commflag skiplist to make a cutlist won't eliminate
the skiplist. you can use mythutil on any file and see what the cutlist
and the skiplist is. do mythutil -help and it has the options. but if
you had commflag off when you captured the file then there would be no
skiplist at all.

peter's beta is working on my v32, on files that have both cutlists and
skiplists and on files that have only skiplist. so its not working on
your v32 for some other reason. i did though uncheck the option in
advanced settings to use myth seektable and it works much better and
skips are much quicker fwiw.