[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip and seek table in leanfront

glen glenb at glenb.net
Fri Oct 14 19:40:50 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-10-14 at 09:19 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
> I have implemented in leanfront MythTV, use of seek table to speed up
> jumps, and commercial skip.
>
> Anybody who is interested and uses commercial skip, I would like any
> feedback. Commercial skip requires that you have run the mythbackend
> commercial flagging job.
>
> You can download it from the download site
> http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwljcsKgzAQRb8m2VWSOHm4yEKF_keSGbVgVGIs7d9XKNzNOXC45KUx2loDWnH0aQqogb-8A3Rda7o0KYwhCauDmEihSxIxKh2kkBAMNSlkWhmIeaUtNhtVvnihCIzuREJHIVkpJQB1BlSMSM46vvql1uNkbc_U8x6uzV7CNhPunybt-VbHOOQhs1GxXlwbUuHF529d6vtxnVTO-_KPdzn_AFUwPNo Trial Versions, Commercial
> Skip.
>
> You can enable or disable commercial skip in the settings. Also you
> can
> enable or disable it while playing by using the playback menu. You
> can
> get to the playback menu 3 ways while playing:
>
> - Press center button and select the new MENU icon (rightmost icon on
> the first row)
> - Press menu button on the remote if your remote has one
> - Long press the center button
>
> Seek table is enabled by default. You can disable it from the
> settings
> if it causes problems.
>
> Peter

peter, i run my own script which replaces mythcommflag with comskip in
live mode. i use mythutil setskiplist to insert the breaks as the show
records. i get significantly better results this and also have the
script use different ini files based on station. i am assuming this
would work with your new comskip addition ?