[mythtv-users] Scripts to monitor recording times

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Fri Oct 14 05:58:32 UTC 2022

On 14/10/2022 04:15, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> The most complex part is knowing when the backend should be awake for
> recordings. In the past I have ones or twice seen people sharing
> scripts just for that. I'm wondering if they can share them again.
> It would speedup things, as I won't have to invent the wheel again.

It is several years since I set all of this up, and the details are
vague, but it was all fairly straightforward, and hung around Mythwelcome:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythwelcome

My backend supports the ACPI wakeup with RTC:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup

i.e. this should all be possible independent from the RPi, if your
backend supports the wakeup function.

In my case, I use my RPi as a frontend, and I added a wakeonlan call to
the frontend so that it would wake the backend.

Regards

Jeff