[mythtv-users] Recording earliest showing

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Oct 9 06:12:09 UTC 2022

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 20:41:25 -0700, you wrote:

>For reasons I can't quite explain, Myth has decided to start recording
>shows that it once recorded when they originally aired at later times. How
>can I prevent this? Raise priority?

What does the recording schedule show?  Around the time the show
should normally record, are all the tuners being used for other
recordings?  Does the show that is not recording then show up as "L" =
"recording later"?  If so, then increasing the priority of the show or
of its channel will fix the problem, at the expense of a different
show recording later.  However, if there are no other shows that can
record later, and this show can, then the scheduler will have no
choice but to record this one later.

Are all the tuners still seen as working by mythbackend?  If you have
a reduced number of tuners available, that could be the reason the
recordings are not scheduling normally.