[mythtv-users] Feedback on pre-v33 mythfrontend performance on Raspberry PI 4

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:56:17 UTC 2022

I just installed  mythtv from master as a combo FE/BE on a RPI4 4GB. I used
my instructions documented for EndeavourOS ARM at
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5000 except I used Master
instead of fixes/32.

On v32 with the compositor turned off I could run mythfrontend on top of
KDE or xfce4 with a great picture with the occasional glitch  that I could
see every few seconds because I was looking for it. But otherwise very
usable.

With pre-33 I no longer see that glitch. I'm guessing recent improvements
with master had found and fixed whatever kept mythfrontend from being
perfect on the RPI4.

Jim A