[mythtv-users] Incompatible versions <- Solved

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Nov 29 19:55:43 UTC 2022

Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 5:06 AM Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote:
>> On 25/11/2022 11:49, Daryl McDonald wrote:

>>> MythProtocol version 72 is from MythTV v0.25
>>>
>>> MythProtocol version 91 is from the current schema which hasn't changed
>>> from MythTV v0.29 or later but the the wiki may need updating and I'm
>>> too lazy to check properly :)
>>>
>>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Myth_Protocol
>>>
>>> {snip}
>>>

>>> Paul H.
>>>

>> I thought the database had to be updated incrementally,  25 >27>29...
>>

>> You are correct there are some really old versions of MythTV that you can't directly update to current versions but you should be fine with anything like 0.25 or newer.
>>

>> {snip}
>>
>> Paul H.
>>
> Also, if it is combined fe/be and the datbase address is set to
> loopback (127.0.0.1), then you can run:
>
> tcpdump -i lo -nn -A port 3306
>
> This will show all mysql traffic happening in real time.

Thank you everyone who has commented. I have got to the bottom of the
problem. The disk on the 0.25 source system is "past it best". As a
consequence some of the database turned out to be a mess. I have managed
to recover enough data to restore the recorded programmes from the
source system. In effect I've done a partial restore as described in the
mythconverg_restore details on the web site.

Thanks :-) Ken

believed to be clean.