[mythtv-users] Channel-change weirdness

Bob Sully malibyte56 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 06:39:12 UTC 2022

Greetings!

I have noticed recently (within the past week) that Myth does not correctly
change channels on the STB when using either the HD-PVR OR the
HDHR/CableCard tuner.

In both cases, it records whatever is on Channel 1 no matter which channel
it is supposed to select.  The STB does indeed display channel 1.

However, if I do it manually from the CLI, e.g.:

[rcs at vader: ~]$ mythchanger -g 0x105611fffe5afd87 -f 7 -c 400

it works fine, and tunes the selected channel.  This is the exact same
syntax as is specified in mythtv-setup for the HD-PVR.   I have no clue why
it does this also when using the HDHR.

I doubt that it's the STB, since it works when I run the changer manually.

Any ideas?
Much appreciated.
Bob