[mythtv-users] Recording from an IPTV source

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:46:55 UTC 2022

On 26/11/2022 19:26, John P Poet wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2022 at 10:22 AM Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
> <mailto:jan.ceuleers at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 26/11/2022 19:04, John P Poet wrote:
>     > You probably already answered this far above, but is the result of
>     > `curl --silent $URL`
>     > already a transport stream? If so, you could just use that directly:
>
>     There is no URL, because the stream is MPEG TS over UDP. So I can't use
>     curl.
>

> Would netcat work?

I don't know. Do you know what problem we're trying to solve, i.e. what
would give rise to the "TuningSignalCheck: SignalMonitor failed" error
message?

Is this because the stream doesn't reach myth, is it because there is
some sort of syntax issue with the stream, ... ?

I'm asking because I suspect that feeding the stream straight into the
backend will lead to problems because the stream contains lots of
zero-length MPEG-TS packets (i.e. 60-byte MPEGTS/UDP packets that
contain no MPEGTS payload), and I believe that ffmpeg filters them out.