[mythtv-users] Recording from an IPTV source

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 17:53:41 UTC 2022

On 26/11/2022 18:43, John P Poet wrote:
> Try:
> `/usr/bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -nostats -loglevel panic -i
> udp://192.168.1.44:5004 <http://192.168.1.44:5004> -vcodec copy -codec:a
> aac -b:a 128k -f mpegts pipe:1 > tst.ts`
> from the command line. After a minute, then run
> `mediainfo tst.ts`
> And let us know what that reports.
>
> There should also be a mythexternrecorder.`date`.`pid`.log file from
> starting up the recording in myth. That might be helpful. Which reminds
> me -- check permissions on the various scripts to make sure your mythtv
> user can run them and create the log files.

I already had a sample like that and verified that I could play it with vlc.

$ mediainfo test.ts
General
ID                                       : 1 (0x1)
Complete name                            : test.ts
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 20.1 MiB
Duration                                 : 12 s 0 ms
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 13.3 Mb/s

Video
ID                                       : 256 (0x100)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : Baseline at L4
Format settings                          : 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : No
Format settings, Reference frames        : 1 frame
Codec ID                                 : 27
Duration                                 : 12 s 684 ms
Bit rate                                 : 12.6 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 728 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:10
Frame rate                               : 30.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.225
Stream size                              : 19.1 MiB (95%)

Menu
ID                                       : 4096 (0x1000)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Duration                                 : 12 s 0 ms
List                                     : 256 (0x100) (AVC)
Service name                             : Service01
Service provider                         : FFmpeg
Service type                             : digital television