[mythtv-users] Smart TVs that can run Mythtv-Leanfront?

James jam at tigger.ws
Wed Nov 23 23:44:37 UTC 2022

> On 23 Nov 2022, at 11:42 pm, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 11/23/22 01:37, James wrote:

>>> Peter has done a great job on the coding and the documentation, but adding info just adds to the untiggerish TL;DR factor.  Try the myth wiki for android and/or leanfront.
>>>
>>> I would choose leanfront for viewing, if I was confident that the file is good and the format suitable; that hasn't always been obvious. Display quality seems better than the normal frontend, particularly in panning shots, with or without nVidia.  I don't use 1080 formats much, and higher res not at all.
>>>
>>> I expect to continue using Mythfrontend/keyboard/mouse for admin and editing work.
>>>
>>> I use adb, from android-tools, for installing.  You need to enable the android 'developer mode', which is well hidden on my Sony tv.
>>
>> I feel like I'm on the other side
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjin8t633pc
>> James
>>

> If you have read the documentation and tried to follow the "Download and Install" section, and have specific questions please let me know. If there is something that is not clear I would like to remedy it. If the problem is TL;DR then I don't think I can help.
>
> Peter
Peter i'm not criticsizing in any way and I'm certainly apprecative of your efforts.
Rather I was lamenting that building myth from src or configuring maria for remote access is easy, while installling an app on android is a task I'd seek help from my grandchildren, so the youtube highlighted the irony. I'll embark on learning and ask for specific help if and when.
James