[mythtv-users] Mythweb fail

Bob Sully malibyte56 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 04:22:29 UTC 2022

Hi all -

Since upgrading my OS to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS from 20.04, I have been having
problems with Mythweb.

Initially, the  browser was completely unable to connect to the Mythweb
page.

I figured out that the reason for this was that the Apache2 web server
wasn't starting up because the upgrade failed to disable the php_7.4
module, which was looking for a file which no longer existed after the
upgrade to php 8.1.  So, I disabled it with a2dismod.

Now, the web server was running but threw a 503 error when trying to load
the Mythweb page:

*Service Unavailable*
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Turns out that this was due to php7.2-fpm,conf remaining enabled.
Disabling this solved the problem, and Mythweb is functioning again.

A bit of sloppy updating on the part of the Ubuntu PHP devs.

For what it's worth, if anyone else runs into this with 22.04/PHP 8.1, hope
this helps.

Bob