[mythtv-users] Mythmusic fail

Bob Sully malibyte56 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 03:32:33 UTC 2022

Stephen:

>So, no corrupt database, and no music_* tables. I think then that you
>need to now follow Paul's advice (he is the current *MythMusic*
>maintainer). Purge *mythmusic*, delete all the music_* tables, and
>delete the MusicDBSchemaVer setting and see if that completely removes
*>MythMusic*. So:

>sudo su
>apt purge *mythmusic*
>mysql mythconverg
>drop table if exists music_albumart;
>drop table if exists music_albums;
>drop table if exists music_artists;
>drop table if exists music_directories;
>drop table if exists music_genres;
>drop table if exists music_playlists;
>drop table if exists music_radios;
>drop table if exists music_smartplaylist_categories;
>drop table if exists music_smartplaylist_items;
>drop table if exists music_smartplaylists;
>drop table if exists music_songs;
>drop table if exists music_stats;
>drop table if exists music_streams;
>delete from settings where value='MusicDBSchemaVer';
>quit
>exit

Done.

None of the tables existed
(mysql> drop table if exists music_xxxxxx;
Query OK, 0 rows affected, 1 warning (0.00 sec)).

The field containing the mythmusic schema level was deleted, hgwever
(mysql> delete from settings where value='MusicDBSchemaVer';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.01 sec)).

So, if I reinstall Mythmusic, will it re-create the tables properly?
I tried it once before, when we first started trying to diagnose this; it
didn't change anything.

Thanks for all your help!
Bob