[mythtv-users] audio issue with 6 channel TV output

Matthias Thyroff matthias at thyroff.net
Mon Nov 7 14:47:20 UTC 2022

Hello Paul, Barry,

not adding anything helful I am afraid, but maybe related? Recently I observed the problem tha occasionally, the audio of my recordings gets tainted... I think the center channel in the surround audio track gets lost, yesterday I had an example, some sound but almost no voices.I switched the frontend audio to hdmi/2.1, same, then in the playback, I switched from the surround track (ac3 I think) to stereo and the voices were back.

It is just some minutes, not the whole recording.

This has happened several times recently, but never before that. I suspected the problem in the programming or recording, drivers...??? But not in myth. I guess I should try to reproduce playing the file with with vlc.

So much from me... Let me know if I can add to the information trying something.

BR

Matthias