[mythtv-users] Problems when streaming from a web site

Scott Simpson simpson1000 at live.com
Mon Nov 7 02:03:29 UTC 2022

On 11/6/2022 3:04 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 11/6/22 11:32, Scott Simpson wrote:
>> On 11/6/2022 8:49 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> > I suggest encode to h264 and aac using:
>> >
>> > -c:v libx264 -preset veryfast -crf 21  -c:a aac
>> This actually works and solves my skip problems. It creates smaller
>> files too since I used 21 (720p) and the video comes in as 1080p.
>> However, it seems to not record the last 7 minutes or so. I don't know
> I don't know why you would lose 7 minutes. You could try adding some of
> the other ffmpeg parameters I have in the leancap_encode.sh script. I am

This machine is old and not that fast. I'm thinking maybe my ffmpeg that
is reading from the web site is behind and buffered and maybe mythtv
sees that the show ends and shuts everything down and ffmpeg is killed.
Just guessing. Let me play around with it and see what I can do. If I
can find out why it is losing the end of the shows your solution works
great.