[mythtv-users] Problems when streaming from a web site

Scott Simpson simpson1000 at live.com
Sun Nov 6 01:03:24 UTC 2022

Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
mythtv-backend/jammy,now 2:32.0+fixes.202211050719.18f5b48ee1~ubuntu22.04.1
ffmpeg/jammy-updates,jammy-security,now 7:4.4.2-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

I have a set up with two sources of input: an HDHomeRun Prime (Spectrum)
and an external tuner that reads from a web site. The recordings from
the HDHomeRun Prime get created correctly and everything works fine.
When I use the external tuner, it creates the video of the correct
length but skipping forward doesn't work. If the video is an hour say,
when I skip forward 30 seconds it will say 6 minutes or something like
that. If I get to the end when skipping forward it starts the video
over. If I just let the video play, it plays for an hour.

If I play the video as an ASF stream through MythWeb (through VLC on
Windows) the video plays fine and is of the correct length. I can jump
around through the video this way (but no commercial skip).

The external tuner uses this ffmpeg command on reading:

[RECORDER]
command="ffmpeg -hide_banner -nostats -loglevel fatal -re -i %URL% -c:v
copy -c:a copy -f mpegts -"