[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi

James jam at tigger.ws
Wed Nov 2 13:39:15 UTC 2022

> On 27 Oct 2022, at 9:57 pm, Piotr Oniszczuk <piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you want to have mythtv playing hw.decode accelerated of mpeg2/h264/hevc/vp8/vp9 videos (including 10-bit videos) on this SoC - you may try:
> https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/releases
> setup guide: https://github.com/warpme/minimyth2/wiki/Deploying-MiniMyth2#overview
> happy watching

I've been playing with rockpi and minimyth.

It is always better than raspberry pi, my best recordings are silky smooth and equal the best I have ever seen on mythtv.
The worst are more juddery than my mac or intel NUC (many flavours i3x2 i5x4 i7x4)
Poitr released
MiniMyth2-armv8-master-12.9.0.r933-board-rk3399.rockpi4-b-SD-Image.img.xz

which works perfectly on 32, but not on master. I'm sure he will fix this, he did lots to help me (I am using rockpi 4A, he built for rockpi4B), so I'm sure a fumble crept in.  Using M2 boot times are quicker but MM2 runs from ram and slow boot is moot. I see you can get SD cards with read speeds of 200Mb/s now.
James