[mythtv-users] Ansible

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:25:48 UTC 2022

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 2:32 AM James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> But .. it hung installing the first list. I grabed that list and manually installed

FWIW, I have found that with rolling release
distro/versions (such as tumbleweed, fedora
rawhide, mageia cauldron) that due to the
regular updating of the distribution points
that the various mirrors are more likely to be
(temporarily) out of sync, or stale, resulting
in either errors or extremely slow downloads
(as only one or a few mirrors may have the
correct contents, so all the load goes there),
or that you can simply end up getting a slow
mirror due to the random assignments.
Trying again may work, as can trying again
after a period of time (when the background
resyncs complete).  The same problem can
occur with 3rd party repos that may have
even more interesting distribution mirroring
cases.  Actual enterprise vendors (although
not always the community spins) are more
likely to use CDN solutions that provide
stable distribution points with higher
availability and performance (because their
paying customers expect that).