[mythtv-users] recent mythbackend crashing

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:40:56 UTC 2022

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 2:20 AM Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:

> On 30/05/2022 11.46, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> > and do a dnf download on mythtv
> > to verify if it is the mythtv version.  After that,
> > git bisect should point to the errant commit.
>
> I suspect a downgrade is not possible as, sadly, following the last update I see:

It would appear your package maintainer did not
release earlier v32 variants.  I had been expecting
at least a few maintainers would have had a
v32 base version (v32.0) which would have
allowed you to downgrade to a previous
fixes/32 version for testing purposes.

FWIW, I am running F36, and had been
running a MythTV self compiled fixes/32
v32.0.20-g9070e9e65b and did not see
crashes (but I also do not use EIT).  I just
updated to the latest (as of a few minutes
ago) fixes/32 v32.0.34-gef9d17307f and
still do not see crashes (but still not using
EIT).

> As these crashes happen when no recording is active, is it likely to be from the EIT scanner?

Given the messages regarding DVBRead,
processing a transport stream does seem
likely.  Between v31.0-25 and v32.0-30 there
have been a number of changes, so providing
a full backtrace to the devs may be the
necessary way forward given that as of
now no one else has reported an equivalent
crash on this list.