[mythtv-users] recent mythbackend crashing

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 30 01:46:55 UTC 2022

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 1:02 AM Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:

> Running f34 up-to-date.

I'll point out that you have less than 10 days to move
forward to a supported OS version (F34 goes EoL
2022-06-07)

> Recently, following an update of mythtv and the kernel, mythbackend started crahing even when not recording or watching.
> Does anyone else see this?

Neither running either that almost obsolete
OS version, or that version of MythTV, but
you are going to have to install the debug
packages and create a backtrace to provide
useful diagnostics for the devs (instructions
are on the wiki, as I recall)  I suspect (but
obviously do not know) that is it more likely
to be the mythtv upgrade than the kernel
upgrade, but you should be able to boot
into your previous kernel to verify if it is the
kernel, and do a dnf download on mythtv
to verify if it is the mythtv version.  After that,
git bisect should point to the errant commit.