[mythtv-users] switching mythfilldatabase from being run by mythbackend to systemd timer?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun May 29 11:31:33 UTC 2022

I built a test FE/BE combo on an old PC using Archlinux and  MythTV v32.
And for that to work properly I had to implement my mythfilldatabase
automation via a systemd service/timer. Because I wanted twice a day
running of mythfilldatabase, I used the following in my .timer:[Unit]

[Timer]
OnCalendar=05:10:00
OnCalendar=17:10:00
Persistent=true

I was thinking about changing to the service/timer method for my production
backend built on Ubuntu 22.04. Other than unchecking the "use automatic
mythfilldatabase" box in mythtv-setup -> General, are there any other
considerations for making the switch??

Jim A