[mythtv-users] rambling

James jam at tigger.ws
Thu May 26 12:03:45 UTC 2022

My backend NUC fan started to whine, so I put in a gen11 i7.

For yonks I used fixes/31, self compiled on SuSE leap15.2. Nothing ever was amiss.

Leap 15.2 won't play nice with gen11. (for the non-english members on list that is terrible syntax. :-)
Leap 15.3 won't play nice with port forward on my modem. (!!!!!)
Tumbleweed gave wayland woes.
(either suse fixed, or I stopped being silly, a test box does work now)

So I gave in and installed (l)ubuntu 20.04 (22.04 gave me grief) and fixes/32 (again self compiled help from ansible).
I run a few VMs so it has 24G ram and 2/4T OF M.2/SATA flash. Myth is configured to use m.2 (2500MB/s)

The system starts to run slow (1 sec per char on ssh) top shows nothing significant ie 8G ram used, 16G cache, few  100M swap. (VMs are off)
EG watch the news, say buffered 10 min, plays 1min then skips back to beginning. Audio is smooth, video jumps about lots. To heck, run optimize DB, playback is lots better but still full of artifacts. Exit. Restarts at correct point and plays smoothly for a minute or so, then same old..

I need to do something! Have I uncovered warts with lubuntu or fixes/32?
James