[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR5525 mpeg risc op code error

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue May 24 14:06:51 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as has been reported elsewhere with a
Hauppauge QuadHD card that uses the cx23885 driver module. The card will
go unresponsive. This on a fairly fast server with a pair of Xeon 5675
processors, that is used for other things too. I have compiled the
latest DVB Media drivers in order to get a newer driver with the
"dma_reset_workaround=2" work around.

I believe my problem is with the cx23885 driver. The cx23885 seems a
fairly common among PCIe DTV cards. I'm not having much luck with the
Linux Media mailing list, it looks like its deceased. Does any one know
what may have replaced that list?

Thanks for any tips

Ken

--