[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct JSON service changes 2022-05-20

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:25:26 UTC 2022

On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 1:06 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 12:18 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Personally I have no idea what to do at this point. I'm not even going
> > to apply the patch for now because I don't want to totally scramble
> > the schedule I have. It sounds like switching to the sqlite grabber
> > may be the way to go, but when I revisited that on the MythTV XMLTV
> > wiki I remembered why I didn't go with that in the first place. It
> > seems like a total nightmare to set up.
> >
> Assuming I decide to switch to the sqlite grabber, two quick questions
> for anyone who's using it:
>
> When it prompts for which channels to enable, does it show the xmltvid
> for the channel in that information?
>
> More importantly, does the sqlite grabber associate the channels in
> the MythTV database based on their xmltvid fields as the zz_sdjson
> does?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Tom

AS to my second question, I see this on the MythTV XMLTV wiki:

"When you switch, the xmltvid's for the existing channels will change.
Using this grabber the xmltvid has the format
I11460.json.schedulesdirect.org. Using DD the xmltvid's are a numeric
value."

Does anyone know if the numeric portion of that xmltvid is by some
chance the same number as the old numeric ID? I have my zz_sdjson
grabber configured to use mythtv format for channel-id-format so
currently all my channels have the numeric format.

Thanks
Tom