[mythtv-users] MythFrontend out of memory problem

Mr Roooster mrrooster at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:04:55 UTC 2022

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 06:54, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> It does look like the swap space is filling up though - I would
> suggest increasing that to 8 Gibytes.  But it is currently using
> 798096 kiB, which is under half full so it is not obvious that it will
> run out of swap.

Linux will in most default configurations use swap if it's available,
by default it will attempt to swap out unused pages to maximise the
amount of disk cache available, especially in an IO heavy workload
like Myth.

You will probably find if you increase it it will fill further
(although with only 8GB main memory the amount it could pro-activly
swap out would be less).

Whilst there seems to be a memory issue here, using swap doesn't
necesseraly mean you're running out of memory.

Cheers

Ian