[mythtv-users] Android Mythfrontend on Chromebook

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu May 19 22:30:09 UTC 2022

Mike Perkins wrote on 5/17/22 17:52:
> On 17/05/2022 22:48, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>> All my recordings are from Xfinity, and it turns out almost all of
>> those in recent years are in 720. If I go quite a few years back into
>> my recordings, Xfinity had them in 1080 and those do run ok. Now that
>> I look harder there are in fact some newly recorded ones from a
>> nostalgia channel that are in 1080 and they do play.
>>
>> My Chromebook is an Intel Celeron N3060 and it wants the 32bit Arm
>> Mythfrontend app. Its running recent ChromeOS (103), and I don't know
>> if different Chromebook hardware would work differently.
>>

> Your Chromebook has an Intel CPU and it wants an ARM app? Something
> wrong here, surely?

I build for Linux, but for Android I rely on Peter Bennett's builds. He
doesn't build the Intel version of the APP. The Chromebook can run the
32bit Arm apps, so thats what I use. I imagine many Apps are only
distributed in Arm which is more common. I don't know if an Intel build
would make much difference, one way or another the virtual machine is
interpreting byte codes.