[mythtv-users] mythfrontend language settings?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:57:08 UTC 2022

On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 11:08 AM Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 15/05/2022 14:28, James Abernathy wrote:
> > On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 9:22 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I noticed something strange this morning.  I was running mythfrontend on
> >> my Raspberry PI 4 and noticed that the main page showed "Information
> >> Centre" and "Programme Guide".  My production backend is on Ubuntu
> 22.04 on
> >> a x86_64 PC and all its frontends show "Center" and "Program" as I
> expect.
> >>
> >> Where is the setting to control what I assume is GB English vs. American
> >> English?
> >>
> >> Jim A
> >>

> > I found it. mythfrontend -> Setup -> Appearance -> Localization ->
> > Language.  Mine was set for English (UK). I changed to English (US).
> >
> > Sorry for the noise.
> >
> > Jim A
> >
> It isn't noise. Others may benefit from your query and result.
>
> Personally, I would expect that language selections in the backend (=
> database) would automatically
> carry over to frontends unless otherwise overridden.
>

> --
>
> Mike Perkins

This test setup was on a RPI4 using my instructions from the MythTV forum (
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4799) and I don't remember
ever having a Language setting while setting the backend up. Since I've
been setting up MythTV for ~10 years, I do so much on automatic, I may have
missed it.  But at least now I know where to fix it.

Jim A