[mythtv-users] Moving my MythDB

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Thu May 12 03:54:30 UTC 2022

On 12/05/2022 09:13, marcus hall wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 12:22:06PM -0600, Jerome Yuzyk via mythtv-users wrote:
>> On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 6:38:06 A.M. MDT Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> You can for instance put /var/lib/mysql on its own volume. Thus it
>>> cannot flood the system. Also you can mount volumes that do not need
>>> writing as read-only.
>> This is what I'm wanting to know, not to another volume, but not in /var/lib,
>> and thought some MythTV Merlin had done it already before I put it on my To
>> Research list. Something I'd like to know for other MySQL databases too.
> You can also make /var/lib/mysql be a symlink to a directory anywhere you
> would like in the filesystem.  (If you have other databases, they would be
> moved as well as mythtv.)

You could turn on |--innodb-file-per-table and then move the tables you
want to a different location and symlink.
Old solution when we had slower, small disks, spread the IO over
different spindles.
also isl files.

Not sure what is wrong with /var/lib/mysql though... :-)

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\