[mythtv-users] Moving my MythDB

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed May 11 18:22:06 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 6:38:06 A.M. MDT Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> You can for instance put /var/lib/mysql on its own volume. Thus it
> cannot flood the system. Also you can mount volumes that do not need
> writing as read-only.

This is what I'm wanting to know, not to another volume, but not in /var/lib,
and thought some MythTV Merlin had done it already before I put it on my To
Research list. Something I'd like to know for other MySQL databases too.

I already do a mythconverg_backup.pl every morning and tuck that away (date-
stamped) on a couple other machines.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.HeIsJerome.com