[mythtv-users] XMLTV grabber returned error code 1
dryheat122 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:59:17 UTC 2022
On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 10:28 AM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
> On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 2:53 AM DryHeat122 <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am getting that error when I run mythfilldatabase. It is followed by:
> > Malformed XML file, missing </tv> element, at line 1, Premature end
> of document.
> > What XML file is it talking about? The one returned by Schedules Direct?
> How do I troubleshoot this?
> The one that mythfilldatabase is trying to load,
> which is (typically) generated by your grabber,
> unless an error occurs.
> There are many possible reasons for a grabber
> to fail (the most common are a filesystem (/tmp)
> being out of space, and that one is running it
> by a userid (i.e. the backend user) who does not
> have permissions on the file(s) that were created
> by the userid one used (i.e. not the same userid
> as the backend userid) to configure the grabber
> To obtain additional information from the grabber
> itself, one can add in the flags "--verbose general,xmltv"
> to the invocation of mythfilldatabase and mythtv
> will log the grabbers output (if any) that may
> provide additional guidance.
Thanks Stephen and Gary for the replies. I think I have figured out the
problem. I have grabber setups under both /home/mythtv and /home/steve.
Don't ask me how I managed that.
After running Gary's channel fixer script, MythTV is using the xmltv under
/home/steve. When I ran mythfilldatabase as user steve, it grabbed shows
and restored my program guide and upcoming recordings. However, when it
MythTV runs mythfilldatabase nightly (I think it is) it does so as user
mythtv, and encounters these errors. I had a look at the grabber code and
can't find anywhere it actually creates an .xml file, nor a line where the
reported error message is generated.
So it seems the options are to (1) tell myth to run mythfilldatabase under
user steve, but I don't know if that can be done or if so how, (2) re-run
Gary's script pointing at the /home/mythtv (which I'm reluctant to do for
fear of breaking things again), or (3) do the expedient thing and cheat by
writing a cron job to run mythfilldatabase under steve and just let the
job under myth continue to fail.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users