[mythtv-users] mythweb quit working this morning??

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Wed May 4 14:40:08 UTC 2022

On 04/05/2022 15:07, Will Dormann wrote:

> On 5/3/22 7:05 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
>>

>> I'm guessing it because something is specifying php 8.0 and Ubuntu
>> 22.04 uses 8.1?
>

> Ubuntu 22.04 should have a php8.1.{conf,load} file within
> /etc/apache2/, not php8.0.{conf,load}, so I'll count this as evidence
> that the upgrade to 22.04 did not function as it should.
>
> As for how to fix it, that may depend on your experience level. It may
> be as simple as:
> sudo a2dismod php8.0
> sudo apt install php8.1 libapache2-mod-php8.1
> sudo a2enmod php8.1
>
> Or it could be trickier like making symlinks to trick your system into
> thinking that php 8.0 is still there.
>
> I'd start simple (apt land) and work from there.
>

> -WD

Just a heads up if you are using PHP8.1 there have been problems
reported with changes to DB access causing unhandled exceptions in MythWeb

The cause appears to be changes to the default behavior in PHP8.1 but it
looks like it should be a trivial fix for anyone who cares to look at it.

https://php.watch/versions/8.1/mysqli-error-mode

Paul H.