[mythtv-users] macosx

James jam at tigger.ws
Sun May 1 12:12:49 UTC 2022

> On 1 May 2022, at 5:47 pm, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
> James, again you failed to fully answer my question.  Did you do ’sudo port clean libgcc11’.  This is important since we need to start a fresh build of the port.  If you failed to do that command, the build system may be trying to pick up where it left off previously.
>
> What “migration” did you do?  I didn’t seen any indication that you were upgrading from one major OSX version to another?  So the Macports migration procedure [1] would NOT apply here.
>
> [1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration>
Sorry! yes I did sudo port clean libgcc11
I then re-installed which failed, overnight.
I then 'migrated' to the same OS! but cleaned all ports. The restore failed! (the infinite loop) so starting with a clean ports install I'll build (I used caffenate but a helper closed my laptop (after all the screen was blank (sic)) so I'm trying again.
James

PS my laptop - monterey is working fine on fixes/32 with John's sourceforge dmg's.