[mythtv-users] The watch list could actually be useful with a little work

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Mar 27 16:07:35 UTC 2022

On 27/03/2022 14:09, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 3/27/22 06:41, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>>> I am not sure what you mean by "Queued Up". There is the ability to
>>> make it automatically play the next episode when it finishes the
>>> current one. This is the button called "Play Related Videos" in the
>>> On Screen Display during playback. If you activate that, it will
>>> continue playing all episodes of a series unit you stop it. I should
>>> rename it as "Autoplay" because that is what the streaming services
>>> call it. I also am considering adding a setting to allow users to
>>> have it automatically activated for all playback, instead of having
>>> to go in and select it after starting playback.
>>
>> Yeah, "Queued up" is not the best phrase. I meant, if I go back to the
>> list after finishing one episode, I see the next episode already in
>> there. I hadn't noticed autoplay. That sounds as good. I'll give it a
>> try.
>>
>> Paul.
>>
> Another thing you may not have noticed: In the episode details page or
> during playback if you press down arrow you see a list of the episodes
> of the series that are not yet watched or deleted. This list can be
> customized in the settings as to whether it should show watched or
> deleted episodes or not. You can select the next episode from there and
> play it.

I had found that feature: not knowing of autoplay, I've been using that
feature to play just a few seconds of the next episode to make it appear
in the recently viewed list, although I may have been making it
unnecessarily awkward - ensuring I played the current episode to the
very end, and then stopping it before using down arrow to find the next.