[mythtv-users] Reds gone from HDPVR recordings

Dan Wilga mythtv-users at dwilga.info
Wed Mar 23 14:28:46 UTC 2022

On 3/23/22 9:12 AM, Greg wrote:

> On 3/22/22 11:01 PM, DryHeat122 wrote:
>> Suddenly, recordings using my HDPVR are missing red tones. Skin looks
>> green. Has it gone tits-up or is there some fix?

> I've owned several of these over the years. The power supply is the
> weak link. I would swap that out before giving up on it.. I power mine
> from the power supply in my pc and since doing that, I haven't had any
> problems ..

I second that suggestion and will add that you should check your cables.
A loose plug can give this sort of result, too.

And, in case it hadn't occurred to you, it's easiest to test any cabling
tweaks you make using Live TV. You just have to wait 10-15 seconds for
the changes to be reflected in what you see on the TV screen.