[mythtv-users] keyboard does not come up when running mythfrontend on android

Patrick Mansfield patmans at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 16:59:23 UTC 2022

On Sat, Mar 19, 2022 at 06:12:16PM -0700, glen wrote:
> On Sat, 2022-03-19 at 20:04 -0500, David Engel wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 19, 2022 at 04:12:05PM -0700, Patrick Mansfield via
> > mythtv-users wrote:
> > > I've tried to install mythtv frontend for android twice now.
> > >
> > > It installs and starts up OK, but and I keep getting stuck trying
> > > to set the host
> > > name - the keyboard never opens up!
> > >
> > > Is there a simple way around this, other than connecting a physical
> > > keyboard?
> > >
> > > Thanks ...
>
> i think he is looking for virtual keyboard -- maybe he needs to enable
> it in settings/ general / general / use virtual keyboard
> >

> > The keyboard doesn't come up automatically.� You have to press ENTER
> > to force it up.

I'm looking for any keyboard - all that works is the touchscreen, there is no way I
know of to press enter.

It's sat for quite a while and no keyboards come up.

The settings don't seem to be available until after you have done the initial setup
- AFAIK if you can't connect to a backend you can't get to the settings.