[mythtv-users] The watch list could actually be useful with a little work

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Sun Mar 20 14:44:07 UTC 2022

On Sun, 2022-03-20 at 13:52 +0000, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> If a series is in the watchlist then it shows the oldest episode that has yet
> to be watched;

This reminds of something I'd been meaning to look into actually...

I find for me that the watch list includes the oldest recording of a
series, which may not be the actual oldest unwatched episode, since
things can be recorded out of order.

It's most noticeable when you setup a recording for some show on one of
those "oldies" channels which constantly shows old repeats, so you
start picking things up in the middle of series 3 or whatever and
eventually the channels loops back round to series 1 episode 1.

I never quite found the time to look into what bit of logic needed
adjusting, presumably something around prioritising original air-date
or season/episode information over actual recorded date...

Ian.